5 Reasons to Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident

Convert Prospects

The law and the court recognize that whenever possible and to the degree of injury, the court should compensate people who are harmed by the actions of someone negligent. And the most common form of negligence is an automobile accident. According to statista.com, US has one of the busiest road traffic with 280 million operating vehicles, this could be the reason leading to more car accidents. Which in fact, in 2018, about 12 million vehicles were involved in the accident. Though against the law, the three main causes of car accidents are reckless driving, drunk driving, and overspeeding.

If you’re caught in a car accident, there may be situations where you and the at-fault party can settle it without leading into a lawsuit. But if the situation requires professional help, hiring a car accident lawyer Albuquerque can guide you on what legal claims you can file. There are many benefits as to why you should hire a car accident lawyer and this article will talk about that.

If you want to know more on why you should hire a lawyer after being in a car accident, read these 5 reasons:

Knowledge is power

You may have encountered this accident already or you may have watched the Suits on Netflix, but that does not count as an acceptable understanding of the law. Knowing how to handle your situation is not enough, you must possess knowledge of all potential damages such as being entitled to medical expenses, disability, pain, and suffering that you may use in court later one.

If you have been incapacitated, they may owe you more than what you thought like your income or your family’s companionship and they must pay by all means. A car accident lawyer is the best man to come to.

Radix Law

Understanding the law

It is unusual that you know all the law that applies to your situation. Car accident lawyers are the best in this field and they probably encountered all sorts of accidents that happen. In line with this, they can make a case and establish them in court. In this way, you will not need to waste time researching especially if this reaches the stage of suing where there are a lot of paperworks and confusing rules only to bury you in the end.

These lawyers know what to file, how to format, the legal precedents applicable, admissible evidence, and more.

Settlement negotiations

Unfortunate events happen inside and outside the court, especially if it involves money. Your insurance company may deny allegations that you claim more importantly if it puts them to bringing more cash at the table. Car accident lawyers know these tactics and they also know how to increase your chance of approval in first and third party claims. But if denied, they can always appeal and fight for your rights.

In usual cases, insurance companies offer settlements that is way beyond the fair amount. This is to avoid a lawsuit that could cost them hundreds of bucks. With lawyers at your side, they can tell if the offer is good to be taken or bad to be ignored.

Court representation

If your case goes to court, you will need someone to represent you as this stage is the hardest. Proving yourself in front of a jury will require extensive legal research, rules, and formalities and the perfect person to do this is a lawyer. You know you have the best lawyer when they can assure you of having a good argument while inside the courtroom.

Financial loss

If you do not file a suit right away, you may lose your chance to recover and claim what is rightfully yours. You will end up paying for the damages and cost that someone else has caused. A car accident lawyer will help you avoid this occurrence.

Just a reminder

Now that you know some of the reasons why you should hire a car accident lawyer, another important thing is choosing the car accident lawyer that will represent you. You must be careful in choosing the right car accident lawyer, you can ask your family, relatives or friends if they know a car accident lawyer that can be trusted and help you win the case, or you can look for the best law firms with experienced car accident lawyers through their clients’ testimonials. Having an experienced lawyer beside you can help you get the advantage of winning the case and claim all the necessary compensation you deserve.

Being involved in a car accident will surely stress you out, it also involves lots of your time and enormous expenses. Not to mention the injury you have attained because of the accident. Make sure to have the right information once you get involved in an accident and let your family or friends help you.

Select Your Next Topic

Comments 15

1. Braden Bills says:

I was in a car accident, and I’m not sure what to do about it. It makes sense that getting a lawyer would be beneficial for me. Their guidance would make things a lot better for me in the long run.

2. Vivian Black says:

I like how you said that an auto accident attorney will know what to file and what is admissible evidence. My sister got in a car accident last weekend. She was not at fault but the truck company that forced her off the road wants to negotiate. She does not want to be talked out of her rights for compensation. Since a car accident lawyer will know exactly what is evidence and how to file, she will be getting one at her earliest convenience.

3. Conrad O'Connor says:

Thank you for pointing out that a lawyer can help ensure that you are compensated properly if you’ve been harmed in a car accident. My brother hurt his leg in an auto accident last week, so I’m considering finding an attorney for him. I’m going to look for a good auto accident attorney in the area that can help.

4. Rick Jones says:

I want a lawyer who can help me settle an accident. That could save me a lot of money. Which is more important in the end.

5. Millie Hue says:

It got me when you said that hiring a car accident attorney will be able to inform us about the legal claims that we can actually file. With that in mind, my brother should hire one as soon as possible after he was cut on the freeway this evening by another driver. The accident cause minor damages to their cars, and it has to be covered by the insurance of the one at fault if that is the case.

6. Jonathan Hansen says:

Thanks for pointing out that a lawyer can help you get a proper settlement if you’ve been hurt in a car accident. My back got hurt in an auto accident a month ago, so I’m considering hiring a car accident attorney. I’m going to look for a good car accident lawyer in the area to hire.

7. Eli Richardson says:

I’m glad you talked about the importance of working with a lawyer during a car accident case. Recently, one of my cousins got into a vehicular accident and is recovering from a few broken bones. My cousin wants to file for legal compensation, and I do think he should talk to a lawyer first, so I’ll be sure to suggest it! Thanks for the advice on how an attorney has negotiation skills to settle a case.

8. Rachel Frampton says:

My sister got into a car accident, and that is why she has decided to start looking for a lawyer that may help her out. Thank you for sharing here as well the importance of checking the lawyer’s fees first. I also agree with you that the attorney must be excellent with negotiation.

9. Taylor Hicken says:

You made a good point when you shared that it is best to work with the best lawyer as they can assure you of having a good argument while inside the courtroom. My friend just mentioned the other day that she is worried about her brother who was involved in a car accident a few weeks ago and he was badly injured from it. I will suggest to her hire a reliable lawyer who can help with the case.

10. Kristofer Van Wagner says:

I appreciate that this post mentioned that when looking to hire a court representation following a personal injury case, it is best to ensure they have an outstanding track record. The other day my neighbor was involved in an accident. I will definitely remind him to look for a reliable and reputable attorney to hire.

11. Thomson Smith says:

It’s terrific that you point out that an attorney can negotiate proper compensation for you if you’ve been harmed in a car accident. My neck got hurt in an auto accident this month, so I’m thinking about hiring a lawyer to represent me. I’m going to look for a reputable auto accident attorney in the area to hire.

12. Alice Carroll says:

Thanks for the reminder that financial loss can be a good enough reason to find an auto accident lawyer for claims. I have a friend who recently got into a collision and his car was basically totaled. I think it would be best for him to start brushing up on auto accident law because he will need to sort a lot of things once he is out of the hospital in a few days.

13. Thomson Smith says:

Thanks for pointing out that a lawyer can help you get a proper settlement if you have been harmed in an auto accident. My back got hurt in a car accident a month ago, so I’m considering hiring an attorney to help me. I’m going to see if there’s a good auto accident lawyer in my area that I can hire.

14. Kate Hansen says:

It’s good to know that they can help you with paperwork. My sister was in a bad car accident a couple of weeks ago, and my mom and I were wondering if we should hire an attorney for her case since the accident wasn’t her fault. I appreciate you helping me learn more about the benefits of hiring a personal injury attorney!

15. Thomson Smith says:

Thanks for pointing out that an attorney can help you get compensated properly you’ve been harmed in a car accident. My back got hurt in a car accident a week ago, so I’m thinking about hiring a lawyer to help me. I’m going to look for a good car accident attorney that I can hire.