FORT WORTH, TX—Benson Varghese, managing partner of Varghese Summersett, is the new president of the Tarrant County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCCDLA).
Varghese was elected on December 11 during the bar association’s virtual monthly luncheon in Fort Worth. He was among 12 criminal defense attorneys named to the 2021 TCCDLA Executive Board.
The organization’s membership is overseen by officers and directors who are elected annually. The outgoing president, Gary Smart, officially passed the torch on New Year’s Day to the new executive board:
• President, Benson Varghese
• President Elect, Harold Johnson
• 1st Vice President, Emily LaChance
• Vice President, Leigh Davis
• Treasurer, William Biggs
• Secretary, Miles Brissette
• Membership, Monroe Solomon
• Director, Gary Smart
• Director, Rose Anna Salinas
• Director, Dewayne Huston
• Director, Elizabeth Cortright
• Director, Brad Shaw