Woodridge Criminal Defense Attorney
- Vetted by Attorney at Law Magazine
- Knowledgeable & Reliable
- Ready to Help in Woodridge
- Contributor to Attorney at Law Magazine
Attorney at Law Magazine’s Woodridge Workers' Compensation Local Legal Authority.
About Marc D. Wolfe
Marc Wolfe has been representing clients in criminal matters in Woodridge, Chicago, and across the state of Illinois for over 30 years now. Marc has tried well over 300 cases to verdict and represents those who face prosecution or investigation for a wide range of federal and state criminal offenses, including murder, embezzlement, white collar crimes, drugs and sexual abuse.
Marc graduated from the University of Denver, and subsequently The John Marshal Law school where he obtained his law degree.
“In today’s society people may be charged with crimes they did not commit. The process is being abused and people are being bullied to do things they don’t what to do in the face of pressure. I provide good solid representation to overcome this pressure.”
Marc and his firm’s philosophy is and has always been one of aggressive defense. The belief that you are not paying them to agree to send you to jail.
Mr. Wolfe is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association where he serves on the Criminal Justice Section Council and standing Committee on Corrections and Sentencing. In addition, he is a member of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the DuPage County Bar Association. He is licensed to practice in both State and Federal Court.
Attorney's Latest Articles
Understanding When to Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in Woodridge
If you or your loved one is facing a criminal charge in Woodridge, Illinois, it can be a nerve-wracking and intimidating time. Given the complexity of criminal laws and the potentially severe consequences, an experienced Woodridge criminal lawyer is essential to navigating through this uncertain time. Below, we provide some basic information about criminal law, including when and how a top Woodridge criminal attorney can be most useful.
What are Criminal Charges?
At its simplest, an individual faces criminal charges when they have committed a crime; a crime is any act committed or omitted that violates a public law. The laws of each state will define these forbidden acts. Crimes will generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Felony: Felonies are the most severe level of crime, generally punishable by imprisonment for more than a year, in addition to any fines. Examples of crimes that are considered felonies include murder, arson, and sexual assault.
- Misdemeanor: Misdemeanors are lesser crimes, generally resulting in prison sentences of less than a year and lesser fines. Examples of misdemeanors include trespassing and vandalism.
- Infraction: Infractions are minor or petty crimes that normally do not result in jail time. Examples include moving violations such as speeding or running a red light.
While each of the above categories of crimes come with different potential punishments, each can have a significant impact on an individual's life.
How an Attorney Can Help
If you are facing criminal charges, you should contact a criminal defense attorney in Woodridge, as soon as possible. Regardless of whether you have committed some wrongdoing or if you are completely innocent, a licensed legal practitioner will be an invaluable resource throughout the criminal process.
A criminal lawyer in Woodridge can assist in all facets of the criminal process. They can help you:
- Ensure Your Rights are Protected. You may have heard the recitation of Miranda rights in movies or TV shows – including the right to an attorney. This is considered an essential right to those facing criminal charges, because a lawyer can ensure a charged individual receives all the rights they are due under the law.
- Understand the Legal Process. Criminal attorneys know the ins and outs of the legal process for criminal cases. They can assist you in any preliminary hearings, ensure your bail is set at a reasonable amount, and confirm that all legal procedures are being properly followed by the police and the prosecutor.
- Create Defense Strategy. Lawyers who work in criminal law have significant experience strategizing the most effective way to handle a case. This often includes striking deals with the prosecution and securing lesser sentences.
- Understand Case Precedent. One important tool in a successful criminal case is past case law. If there are past cases where a similarly-situated defendant overcame criminal charges, an attorney can use this to persuade a judge or jury that you should see the same result.
As you or your loved one determines the next steps for handling criminal charges, the best Woodridge attorney will be an invaluable asset. The criminal legal process can present unexpectedly complicated twists and turns, where a wrong step could result in serious limitations on your personal liberty.
Reach out today to schedule an appointment to discuss your legal needs and the availability of Marc D. Wolfe to handle your matter.
How We Select a
Local Legal Authority
Contributor to Magazine
The attorney must contribute valuable articles about their practice area to share with our readers in the Legal Advice section.
Maintain a 4+ Consumer Rating
The attorney must maintain a Google review rating of 4 or more stars.
Practice Law for 5+ Years
The attorney must have been licensed to practice law for at least five years and must have maintained an active practice.