About Santa Ana Immigration Law
A Santa Ana immigration lawyer focuses specifically on the area of law which deals with the movement of people in and out of the United States, especially as it relates to visas and residency. Immigration law is a practice area that is governed by federal law, so whomever you choose to represent you does not need to live in the same state where you reside. Yet, you probably know that United States Immigration law is not only complex, but it can also change quickly depending on the political climate. In most travel visa situations, you may not need an immigration attorney to represent you. Yet, in cases which involve temporary or permanent residency or citizenship in California, hiring an immigration lawyer in Santa Ana can save you from costly mistakes and help you more successfully navigate whichever process you need to complete.
When Do You Need a Santa Ana Immigration Attorney?
Most immigration attorneys in Santa Ana offer free consultations or a minimal fee to evaluate your case. When in doubt, it’s in your best interest to schedule a consultation. Some common scenarios which typically require the expertise of skilled immigration attorney include:
- You are fleeing your home country and seeking asylum, which requires you to build a case to demonstrate to immigration officials that you have suffered persecution or will suffer persecution in your nation of origin.
- You completed an application for a specific type of visa and it was denied.
- You need to change the status of your visa, wish to apply for a Green Card, or wish to apply for U.S. Citizenship.
- You have overstayed your visa and want to avoid deportation or removal.
- You are unsure or confused about which type of application and additional forms you must complete to stay in the United States.
- You have been deported from the United States and want to return.
- You have received a notification to appear for removal proceedings to determine your eligibility for relief under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
- You have committed a crime and wish to enter the United States or prevent deportation because of your actions.
- You have a job in the United States, but your employer has not sponsored you for entry.
- You are a business owner who wishes to employ foreign nationals.
- You are sponsoring another family member in an effort to bring them to the United States.
- You have some sort of immigration emergency requiring legal guidance.
- You are a foreign national marrying a U.S. citizen, or you are a U.S. citizen marrying a foreign national, and you wish to live in the United States.
Why You Should Hire an Immigration Attorney in Santa Ana?
Immigration attorneys spend years learning how U.S. immigration law applies to different cases, which can provide you with valuable knowledge to help you with your immigration issue. Additionally, immigration lawyers understand the forms and associated deadlines with each, ensuring your application won’t be denied because missing a deadline or some other dubious technicality. Finally, dealing with U.S. immigration procedures can be overwhelming, lonely, and frustrating. Your Santa Ana immigration attorney can help alleviate the stress and frustration you might be experiencing.