ATLANTA, GA—The 10th annual Georgia Legal Food Frenzy Competition, designed to help raise awareness for hunger throughout the state of Georgia, surpassed fundraising goals to generate an astonishing, and record breaking, $936,883 to fight hunger. The annual drive is held in unison by the state’s Office of the Attorney General Chris Carr, the Young Lawyers Division of the State Bar of Georgia and the Georgia Food Bank Association. The competition included 175 legal teams in Atlanta alone. Metro Atlanta participants aided the Atlanta Community Food Bank in raising $711,910 or enough food for 2,847,643 meals across their 29 county service area for food insecure families.
For the second year in a row the competition was completely virtual, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The competition raised critical funds that will directly impact the Food Bank’s continued COVID-19 relief efforts. The need for food assistance has yet to decrease since the beginning of the pandemic, and the funds raised will assist the Food Bank in purchasing additional food to support those who are food insecure around their 29-county service area and more.
Atlanta winners of the 2021 Georgia Legal Food Frenzy Competition:
● Grand Prize Attorney General’s Cup Winner — Habachy Law
● Grand Prize Bar President’s Award Winner — Greenberg Traurig, LLP
● Large Firm Winner | Total Points — Troutman Pepper
● Large Firm Winner | Per Capita — Taylor English Duma
● Small Firm Winner | Per Capita — Jenkins & Roberts LLC
● Sole Proprietor Winner — Frank C. Winn, Attorney
● Corporate, In-House Counsel Winner — Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC
● Legal Organization Winner | Total Points — Georgia Tech Office of the General Counsel
Atlanta Area Special Awards:
● Law School Winner — Georgia State University College of Law
● Hunger Relief Warrior — Lori Cohen, Greenberg Traurig LLP
● Rookie of the Year — Morris, Manning, Martin LLP