A law firm’s online presence is crucial for branding, gaining potential clients, and keeping loyal ones. And when it comes to digital marketing, pay per click (PPC) and search engine optimization (SEO) are the two most sought strategies.
In this post, you’ll learn the difference between PPC and SEO.
Short-Term Versus Long-Term
Whether you have a big or small law firm, effective marketing is important, including online marketing strategies. PPC and SEO are just two of the many digital marketing strategies you can rely on to grow your law firm online and draw more potential clients. Each strategy has its own ways to help you achieve your short-term and long-term goals.
Here’s the difference between pay PPC and SEO when it comes to attaining your short-term and long-term law firm marketing goals:
- Pay per click (PPC): It works well as a short-term digital marketing strategy, helping you promote your law firm during peak season or months when the industry is highly competitive (influx of clients). Also, it helps determine the impacts of employing more longstanding efforts through a paid channel, in which you pay an advertising or marketing company for every potential client brought to your law firm website.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): It is a long-term digital marketing strategy. It primarily aims to increase your law firm website’s ranking on search engines for increased online visibility and gain more organic traffic. This is a free way of gaining visitors to your site without spending money every time.
Paid and Unpaid Traffic
With digital marketing, you can choose to gain more clients by investing in either paid or unpaid channels or both.
Here’s the difference between pay per click and search engine optimization when it comes to drawing paid and unpaid traffic:
- Pay per click (PPC): It’s a paid online marketing strategy which involves bringing more potential clients to your law firm website with the help of affiliate marketers, online advertisers, and marketing specialists.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): One of the best ways to attract people to come and visit your law firm is through SEO. SEO for lawyers is an unpaid way of marketing your law firm in a way that you don’t need to spend a large sum of money every time for your marketing campaigns.
How PPC and SEO Work
PPC works through ads, in which you pay advertisers every time an online user clicks your law firm’s ad. One of the best PPC platforms to use in Google Ads, wherein you can select the keywords that will trigger your ads.
You can set your maximum bid of the amount you’re willing to pay every time an online user clicks your law firm’s ad. Your law firm’s ads will be displayed at the top of the search results. It shows as a paid ad with a small tag in Google.
SEO, on the other hand, involves optimizing your web content to ensure that your blogs and articles use the right keywords and links to be captured by Google and other search engines and increase your ranking in search results. Of course, quality content is crucial, aside from effective SEO techniques, for people to come to your site because of your appealing, helpful, and engaging content.
PPC will give you immediate results because you’ll be provided real-time reporting on how many online users clicked your ad in a specific period of time. It’s a great way to boost your online presence, most especially during low times. If you want to introduce promotions, such as free consultation or a 25 percent discount on your legal services, PPC is a great way to do it.
On the other hand, SEO drives long-term results, which is highly beneficial in strengthening your online presence.
Here’s how search engine optimization can help you in the long run:
- Optimizing Your Content: It involves optimizing your blog and articles, making them relevant to your target audience. By helping people find answers to their legal queries, you can show your expertise, and they’ll likely avail of your legal services.
- Brand Awareness: SEO builds and establishes your brand online for long-term growth and success.
- Build Trust: SEO can help create and establish your credibility through your helpful content, so users are more inspired to engage with you and increase chances of promoting your law firm to their family and friends.
PPC and SEO are different in so many ways. SEO is a long-term solution, so you don’t have to spend money on your marketing campaigns every time, while PPC is for short-term since it costs you each time someone clicks your law firm website’s ads. The right combination and strategic use and timing are important to achieve your marketing goals for your law firm.