CHARLESTON, SC—South Carolina’s Federal Judges have selected Nexsen Pruet attorney Molly Cherry as the newest federal magistrate for the District of South Carolina. Cherry is answering the call to serve after working in private practice at Nexsen Pruet since 1998.
Before joining the firm in Charleston 22 years ago, Cherry clerked under Federal District Court Judge David C. Norton in Charleston.
“The role of the judiciary and the fair and consistent interpretation and application of the law is key for our system of government,” said Cherry. “The time is right for me to move back into public service and I am humbled by the opportunity. To be able to work again with Judge Norton makes it even better.”
Throughout her legal career, Cherry has achieved the highest levels of professional acknowledgment.
• Compleat Lawyer Award from the University of South Carolina
• Alumni of the Liberty Fellowship Program
• Certified Specialist in Employment and Labor Law by the South Carolina Supreme Court
• Martindale-Hubbell “AV” Preeminent Peer Review Rating
• Board for the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)