PHOENIX, AZ—At Giles Law, PLLC, we take pride in our work, and in our ability to really listen to our clients to achieve their individual business and litigation goals.
What We’re Seeking: We’re looking for a top-shelf, full-time commercial litigation attorney who takes similar pride in his/her own work and can hit the ground running as a part of our growing team. We are looking for someone who wants to grow with us—this position presents an opportunity to be running a significant portion of our litigation and to develop clients.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in civil litigation, and have a desire to provide exceptional client service. A high level of integrity is imperative—the ideal candidate must place a high enough value both on his/her own contributions, as well as on the team’s contributions, to be accountable, honest, and excellent. When we make mistakes, we own them. When we have successes, we celebrate them. Strong experience with motion practice, discovery disputes, depositions, court appearances and arguments, negotiation, client relationships, and trial is essential. Must enjoy oral advocacy, court appearances, and depositions.
What We’re Not: We don’t do mediocre, and we don’t do drama. We’re here to work together to get exceptional results for our clients, and to continually make ourselves better in the process.
Education: Juris Doctorate (Professional) degree from an ABA-accredited law school
Experience: Litigation, 8 years (Required)
License: Active member in good standing with the Arizona State Bar (Required)
- Handle entire cases, from start to finish, including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare and finalize pleadings in accordance with applicable state and federal rules for filing with court;
- Supervise and edit written discovery, subpoenas, and disclosure statements;
- File management, including supervision of case organization;
- Legal research as needed;
- High-quality persuasive writing;
- Preparing for and taking depositions;
- Preparing witnesses and defending depositions;
- Settlement negotiations and mediations/settlement conferences;
- All aspects of trial;
- Maintain confidentiality of client information;
Competencies & Skills:
- 8+ years’ experience, at least five of which must have been in commercial litigation (which is not intended to include other types of litigation, such as personal injury litigation, products liability litigation, or insurance defense litigation);
- Someone who can work independently, while also valuing and working well with other members of the team;
- A high level of integrity and accountability, which means we (1) do what we say we will do, (2) be who we say we are, and (c) take responsibility for our mistakes as well as our successes;
Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with CM/ECF, Pacer, ECR Online, Arizona Turbocourt, Westlaw, Microsoft Word & Excel;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Ability to produce high quality, error-free work product in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment;
- Trial experience;
- Technology competence;
- Flexibility is key. As a small firm, we all pitch in to make sure things get done well. Early and late hours are sometimes necessary. On the flip side, if you are taking responsibility for getting the work done well and on time, we are flexible in return with your schedule;
- Writing sample required.
Come join our team and let’s work together to achieve the solutions that our clients need, and expand our reach in the community.
Full-time with benefits; remote options available during the pandemic; competitive salary DOE.