KANSAS CITY, MO— Am Law 100 firm Polsinelli’s Intellectual Property Department has been recognized among the prestigious IAM Patent 1000 in 2020 for its strong patent prosecution capabilities. The unique guide identifies the top patent professionals in key jurisdictions around the globe, and shines a spotlight on the firms and individuals that are deemed “outstanding in this pivotal area of practice.” This is the first time Polsinelli has ranked at the national level on the IAM Patent 1000 list.
Polsinelli’s IP Department again earned regional rankings in Colorado and Illinois for the Litigation and Prosecution categories, while 11 IP attorneys received individual rankings.
Law firms earning a listing in the IAM Patent 1000 demonstrate a depth of expertise, market presence and superior level of work. Firms qualify for a listing on the basis of their depth of expertise, market presence and the level of work in which they are typically engaged.
Polsinelli is among 16 U.S. law firms ranked nationally in the Prosecution category. The firm is also ranked in two jurisdictions:
• United States: Colorado (Litigation and Prosecution)
• United States: Illinois (Litigation and Prosecution)
Eleven Polsinelli attorneys earned a place in the 2020 IAM Patent 1000 individual rankings of the “world’s leading patent professionals.” They include:
• Y. Jenny Chen – Massachusetts (Prosecution)
• Michael P. Dulin – Colorado (Litigation)
• Gregory P. Durbin – Colorado (Prosecution)
• Gary E. Hood – Illinois (Litigation)
• S. Wade Johnson – Colorado (Prosecution)
• Angel M. Lezak – Washington, D.C. (Prosecution)
• Fabio E. Marino – California (Litigation)
• Emily C. Peyser – Washington (Prosecution)
• John R. Posthumus – Colorado (Litigation)
• Suni Sukduang – Texas (Litigation)
• Timothy A. Worrall, Ph.D. – Colorado (Prosecution)
Polsinelli’s IP Department continues to earn national recognition in addition to its inclusion in the IAM Patent 1000. The firm was recently named among the Top 10 Best Performing Law Firms Overall and as a Top Performing Law Firm in High-Tech, according to Patexia’s Patent Prosecution Intelligence Report 2020 edition. Polsinelli is also nationally ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s 2020 “Best Law Firms” for Patent Law, Trademark Law and Litigation – Intellectual Property, demonstrating the firm’s strong commitment and leadership in IP law.