As practice management solutions like Filevine have become mainstream, cutting-edge law firms are augmenting that core investment in a case management platform with new software solutions to create a sustainable competitive advantage in pre-litigation. By augmenting their tech stack with best-in-breed software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions, these early adopters are increasing market share, moving claims through the pre-litigation process faster and with much lower labor costs, providing higher quality case management support as a result, reducing spend for costly economists’ time, and getting 30% or higher settlement amounts.
For personal injury claims, pre-litigation broadly encompasses the following key activities:
- Initial client intake and meeting with existing clients
- Following up with clients to ensure proper and timely treatments
- Maintaining organized case files for all active cases
- Obtaining key pieces of information and documents from clients, medical providers, and insurance carriers
- Preparing comprehensive demand packages for submission to carriers
- Adhering to strict guidelines on delivering case outcomes and high client satisfaction
The advantage of using best-of-breed software tools is that they all run on standard internet browsers like Google Chrome, store data securely in the cloud, and integrate well with other solutions. Many leading personal injury firms are using software like EvenUp, LeadDocket, and Filevine to build a true end-to-end pre-litigation workflow for case managers.
EvenUp is the leader in litigation-ready demand packages. Its team of former defense counsel, economists, and case managers use cutting-edge software to create detailed demand packages that always include estimates for pain and suffering, loss of earnings, and loss of services, all supported by verdict analysis and robust calculations. Law firms typically save five-plus hours per demand by outsourcing this work to EvenUp, and typically see 30% or higher settlement values, in part because claims adjusters appreciate the amount of details provided, like ICD codes and relevant verdicts. EvenUp leverages 200K+ public verdicts and private settlement data to increase the accuracy of their analysis. As the leader in case evaluations, they have more market insight than any other provider across common motor vehicle accidents and rarer injuries, like wrongful death cases.
LeadDocket helps law firms optimize marketing spending and make sure no leads fall through the cracks. It tracks ad clicks and conversions and uses these insights to optimize future ad spending. In addition to lead tracking and marketing optimization, it allows for the creation of client intake forms and workflow automation rules, to ensure clients get the right message at the right time. It can also automate recurring tasks for your team to complete for each lead to ensure nothing slips through the cracks.
Filevine’s case management software platform is trusted by over 50,000 legal professionals. Its services let you customize the case management software for your area of practice. It allows firms to centralize all case information, focus more attention on clients and hit key deadlines. It provides reports and tools to help firms analyze their data for smart decision-making, collaborate between teams and offices, and track costs and settlements to prove ROI. It can also automate legal document generation, collect e-signatures, and integrate with a number of document management systems.
These three software tools can work in concert to support a true end-to-end pre-litigation workflow:
- Initial client intake and meeting with existing clients: LeadDocket allows for the creation of custom, online intake forms to gather all the information and documentation that a case manager needs, and integrates seamlessly with FileVine.
- Following up with clients to ensure proper and timely treatments: Filevine makes it easy to connect with employees, clients, medical providers, experts, and witnesses. Texts from your clients go directly into the case file. Any member of your team can respond, creating an archived, shared conversation.
- Maintaining organized case files for all active cases: Filevine effortlessly stores all details of a case in the same location.
- Obtaining key pieces of information and documents from clients, medical providers, and insurance carriers: EvenUp provides a simple mechanism to upload all these relevant documents, medical records, and bills needed to support demand, while also serving as a second line of defense to flag any missing records or bills. To make things simpler, EvenUp is compatible to integrate with all major practice management tools to further streamline workflows.
- Preparing comprehensive demand packages for submission to carriers: EvenUp automatically creates detailed demand packages that always include estimates for pain and suffering, loss of earnings, and loss of services, all supported by verdict analysis and robust calculations.
- Adhering to strict guidelines on delivering case outcomes and high client satisfaction: These demands are organized in a way that makes it easy for claims adjusters to evaluate and get fast approval from their managers or case evaluators if the claim exceeds their desk authority.
The end result is a win-win-win: the client gets a better settlement offer and a great customer experience that drives five-star reviews and word-of-mouth referrals, the law firm gets more revenue and more efficient use of labor and capital resources, and the adjuster is able to make a better and fair offer.