Some Questions You Need to Ask Before Hiring a Canadian Immigration Lawyer

Canadian Immigration Lawyer

Are you looking for an attorney for immigration? But do not know where to start then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to help you to get one for yourself. There are some questions that you must ask before hiring someone. Canada is one of the favorite places for immigration. In 2016, about 272,666 people immigrate to Canada. Most of the people do their immigration process their selves. But there are some situations when you need the help of a Canadian immigration lawyer in Canada.

There can be many possible reasons such as sometimes a person cannot provide enough proof for their marriage. Moreover, some of the people may have a history of crimes while waiting for their PR. In such kinds of situations, an immigration attorney can assist you but you need to ask following questions before hiring someone.

Ask About the Process of Immigration

It is one of the important questions because you need to know how this works before applying. The process of becoming a citizen of Canada is in two steps. First thing you need is the permanent residency and then you can apply for a Canadian passport. If you have a temporary visa such as a student visa or a work visa, the chances an attorney can help are very limited. When you are able to get permanent residency, then you need to stay in Canada to apply for citizenship.

There are three classes where you can fall:

  1. Skilled Worker/ Independent
  2. Business Class
  3. Family

It means that you can apply for citizenship if you are sponsored by your Canadian family member, or you are a skilled worker or a businessman.

People Involved

There are some people that you can involve in your case while applying for permanent residency. They are as follows:

  • Your Child which are 22 years old or younger.
  • Your child older than 22 years old but are financially dependent on you.
  • The child that is not mentally or physically fit and unable to support themselves.
  • Your law partner or spouse and the children of your spouse or common-law partner.

You cannot sponsor the following family members while applying for residency.

  • Parents of your parents or grandparents.
  • Your own parents.
  • Your sister or brother.
  • Moreover, your niece, nephew, uncle, aunt, and other relatives.

If you are divorced and your children in your custody then you need the help of a Canadian attorney.

Current Status of Your Immigration

You need to be aware of your application status before contacting an immigration lawyer. Moreover, you need help when you are applying to your family. The most important thing is that you need all the critical information before contacting the attorney. The reason is that the attorney needs al the information to give any advice about your situation. Some of the people do not want to share such information with a lawyer but there is nothing to worry as the lawyer is bound to attorney-client privilege. It means that any information you share with the lawyer is confidential.

Select Your Next Topic

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

The Exclusive Lawyer Directory

Find a Lawyer

Ask a Lawyer

Latest Articles

Find a Lawyer   /   Ask a Question   /   Articles   /   About    Contact  

© Copyright 2022 | Attorney at Law Magazine | Privacy Policy