ORLANDO, FL—RumbergerKirk kicks off the 2021 Summer Associate Program today with eight law students participating. The summer associates will be working in each of the firm’s office locations including Birmingham, Miami, Orlando, Tallahassee and Tampa. Additionally, they will come together virtually for seminars and workshops, and they will meet in-person for RumbergerKirk’s mock trial competition at the end of the program.
The 10-week program offers law students, who are entering their final year of school, the hands-on training and development that will prepare them for a career in litigation.
They work closely with partners and their associate mentors on real client cases, including attending hearings, depositions and mediations. They will also receive hands-on training during professional development seminars and workshops. At the end of the program, the summer associates compete in a mock trial to put into practice all that they have learned.
The summer class of 2021 includes:
• Birmingham: Julie Potts (University of Alabama)
• Miami: Harris Blum (University of Miami ) and Andre Chinchilla (University of Miami)
• Orlando: Meghan Kennedy (University of Florida), Graham Marcus (Stetson University), and Joseph Tracy (Florida State University)
• Tampa: Adam Poe (Stetson University)
• Tallahassee: Elizabeth Pearce (Florida State University)