SAN DIEGO, CA—The California Lawyers Association (CLA) is pleased to announce the attorney influencers who will be honored during the closing ceremony of the Annual Meeting at the President’s Gala on September 23, 2023.
The honorees that will be recognized this year include:
• Chris Passarelli, Chair of the Business Law Section will receive the California Lawyers Association Excellence in Leadership Award.
• The Labor and Employment Law and International Law and Immigration Sections of California Lawyers Association will receive the Section Innovation Award.
• San Joaquin County Bar Association will receive the California Lawyers Association Exceptional Organization of the Year Award.
• Three Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion awards are given annually to a Bar Association, a firm and a nonprofit organization. This year The Filipino Bar Association of Northern California will receive the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Association Award, California Law Pathways the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Organization Award for their work creating law school pathways and Morrison Foerster the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Law Firm Award.
• Tiela Chalmers, Chief Executive Officer and General Counsel of the Alameda County Bar Association and Legal Access Alameda, and Gregory Knoll, Chief Executive Officer, Legal Aid Society of San Diego (in memoriam) will receive the Loren Miller Award.
• Tani Cantil-Sakauye, Chief Justice of California (retired) will receive the Bernard Witkin Medal.