BALTIMORE, MD—The University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law has elected five new members to its Board of Visitors.
The board is a collaborative forum and professional resource providing insight and support to the dean on a range of issues critical to the continued growth and success of the law school. The board functions as an advisory body with a strong professional and philanthropic commitment to the law school and as an important liaison to the legal and business communities.
The new members are:
• Jamar Brown ’11, Partner, Rosenberg Martin Greenberg, Baltimore, MD
• Karen Gally ’96, VP and General Counsel, Ostuka America Pharmaceutical, Rockville, MD
• Caroline Harris ’79, Managing Partner, Goldman Harris LLC, New York, NY
• Kerry Staton ’80, Founding Partner, Schochor and Staton, Baltimore, MD
• Henry Talavera ’89, Shareholder, Polsinelli, Dallas, TX
Additionally, in its spring meeting, the Board of Visitors elected Sharon Krevor-Weisbaum ’87 to the Executive Committee as secretary beginning this summer. Krevor-Weisbaum joins Howard K. Kurman ’75, who will serve one more year as chair, and Tamika Tremaglio ’95, who will serve one more year as vice chair before beginning a three-year term as chair.