DALLAS, TX—Courtney S. Marcus, co-managing partner of the international law firm Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP’s Dallas office and partner in the Firm’s global Banking and Finance practice, has been named the Best Lawyers 2021 Banking and Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” in Dallas/Fort Worth.
Marcus is one of the North Texas region’s foremost Banking & Finance attorneys, having represented private equity firms, public and private corporate borrowers and financial investors on many large and complex transactions. Her extensive experience includes leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions, bridge and mezzanine financing, cash flow and asset-based lending, debtor-in-possession financing and loan restructurings and workouts. Her practice spans across multiple industries such as energy, sports franchises, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, business services and consumer products.
A total of five Dallas-based Weil partners were included in the 27th Edition of The Best Lawyers in America 2021:
• Paul R. Genender – Commercial Litigation
• James R. Griffin – Corporate Governance Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Courtney S. Marcus – Banking and Finance Law
• Rodney L. Moore – Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Glenn D. West – Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Another five Dallas-based Weil associates were included in the inaugural 2021 edition of Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch:
• Adam Arikat – Tax Law
• Erin M. Choi – Commercial Litigation
• Anne Moretti Langford – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Rob Martin – Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law
• Andrew Stotts– Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law