We Find the Best Attorneys
Since 2009, our magazine has interviewed the best and brightest attorneys nationwide. Now, we bring you our recommended attorneys in Local Legal Authorities. Here is our listed best Oakdale Commercial Litigation attorney.
- Writer for Attorney at Law Magazine
- Knowledgeable & Reliable
- Accepting New Cases in Oakdale
- Leading Consumer Reviews
About Brandon Schwartz
As a trial attorney at Schwartz Law Firm in Oakdale, Minnesota, Brandon M. Schwartz focuses his practice primarily on business law and business litigation involving such matters as shareholder disputes, derivative actions, non-competes and liquidated damage litigation, contract creation, and litigation, company formation and age discrimination for clients throughout Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Arizona. He also provides counsel and litigation representation in personal injury and family law cases throughout Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Arizona. Brandon is board certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association and by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Civil Practice Advocacy, Civil Trial Law, and Family Trial Law. He also serves as a Board Member on the Minnesota Supreme Court Advisory Committee on the General Rules of Practice for the District Court, the Board of Legal Certification, and the Minnesota State Bar Association Foundation Board.
What it's Like Working With the Best Commercial Litigation Attorney in Oakdale, MN
In Need of a Commercial Litigation Attorney in Oakdale?
Commercial litigation refers to civil legal matters potentially involving the courts between or within businesses. Commercial litigation involves domestic or international disputes and also has two categories:
- Business litigation deals with the conflicts and laws regarding companies and businesses
- Construction litigation pertains explicitly to matters involving construction businesses as governed by the construction industry's laws, regulations, and requirements.
Commercial litigation typically utilizes the same legal process that civil litigation matters do. The general litigation stages are:
- Retaining a commercial litigation lawyer
- Conducting factual investigations
- Researching applicable laws
- Sending demand letters
- Engaging in settlement negotiations
- Filing a lawsuit
- Conducting discovery
- Participating in motion practice
- Trying the case before the court
- Filing post-trial motions
An experienced business litigation lawyer in Oakdale or construction litigation lawyer best handles commercial litigation matters.
Business Litigation and Types of Business Disputes
Business litigation involves any type of legal issue involving a business or organization. Any type and size of commercial establishment can face business litigation. Some disputes are internal, and some are external, but all can benefit from the assistance of a top Oakdale business litigation attorney. Business litigation covers a myriad of different areas, including:
- Partnership disputes: Occur when business partners, shareholders, or members have serious disagreements over the organization's vision, there has been a breach of fiduciary duty, usurpation of a corporate opportunity, or the commission of a white-collar crime.
- Compensation disputes: Disputes can arise with employees or contractors over their compensation.
- Covenant Not to Compete: A promise usually placed within contracts stipulating that if the partner or employee leaves the company, they cannot compete with the company for a set period of time.
- Management disputes: Sometimes disagreements can arise between management or with the management teams between two companies.
- Severance issues: Severance refers to when an employee leaves and no longer works for the company. Many times, there are disputes or problems arising during this time surrounding matters like how much money is owed to the employee.
Construction Litigation and Types of Construction Disputes
Construction litigation concerns legal disputes arising from building or remodeling projects. While many issues overlap with business litigation, some are specific to the construction industry.
Oakdale construction litigation attorneys deal with many different matters, including:
- Contract disputes: Construction projects often involve multiple contracts. Contract disputes can arise over non-payment, work conditions, or unmet deadlines.
- Potential lawsuits: Sometimes, construction issues can't be solved with a settlement or some other agreement and will end up in court.
- Construction job site injuries: Employees and contractors can suffer injuries while on the job, which give rise to workers' comp or personal injury claims.
- Defective work: If a construction crew delivers a flawed project, they can be held liable for those defects.
- Contract termination: Either party might terminate a contract for various reasons, leading to disputes between them.
- Mechanic's lien: A charge or encumbrance placed on a structure or site by the construction company to ensure they receive labor, material, and services.
Hire A Commercial Litigation Attorney in Oakdale, Minnesota
Whether you are involved in a business or construction dispute, it's essential to have an experienced commercial litigation attorney representing you through these matters. In fact, it's best to already have an attorney whom you can turn to if and when legal matters arise. Unfortunately, for this in the business and construction sectors, it's not a matter of if but when you will need an attorney. While representing yourself may seem like the simpler, less-expensive choice now, in the end, your legal matter could cost you hours of time and tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. Protect yourself and your business by retaining the best Oakdale commercial litigation lawyer you can use when the need arises.