We Find the Best Attorneys
Since 2009, our magazine has interviewed the best and brightest attorneys nationwide. Now, we bring you our recommended attorneys in Local Legal Authorities. Here is our listed best Miami Criminal Defense attorney.
- Writer for Attorney at Law Magazine
- Knowledgeable & Reliable
- Accepting New Cases in Miami
- Leading Consumer Reviews
About Julian Stroleny
A Coconut Grove native with ties to the community reaching back a hundred years, Mr. Stroleny attended MAST Academy before graduating with his bachelor’s degree from Florida International University. While attending law school at Florida International University, he worked in a top law firm in the field of probate and guardianship, learning the importance of commitment to clients and passionate advocacy. In law school, Mr. Stroleny served as class president and later went on to serve as President of the FIU Trial Team. In 2012, Mr. Stroleny competed in Washington, D.C., for the FIU Law Trial Team, winning first place at the 16th Annual National White Collar Crime Mock Trial Invitational, held at Georgetown University.
With a desire to learn more about the criminal justice system, Mr. Stroleny interned in the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office Juvenile division. There he worked on hundreds of juvenile misdemeanor and felony cases, taking many to trial and winning favorable verdicts. Mr. Stroleny graduated from law school with honors and was awarded the Trial Advocacy Award, a distinction for the graduate who demonstrated the greatest overall excellence in trial advocacy.
After law school, Mr. Stroleny went to work full-time for the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office as an Assistant State Attorney. There he worked thousands of cases ranging from traffic, misdemeanors, DUIs, and felonies, all the while gaining trial and appellate experience. Mr. Stroleny gained a detailed understanding of how the criminal justice system works on the inside and puts his experience and insight into every case he handles. Mr. Stroleny understands that equally as important as protecting his clients’ rights is the practice of treating all clients with courtesy and respect, no matter the allegations against the client.
What it's Like Working With the Best Criminal Defense Attorney in Miami, FL
Understanding When to Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney in Miami
If you or your loved one is facing a criminal charge in Miami, Florida, it can be a nerve-wracking and intimidating time. Given the complexity of criminal laws and the potentially severe consequences, an experienced Miami criminal lawyer is essential to navigating through this uncertain time. Below, we provide some basic information about criminal law, including when and how a top Miami criminal attorney can be most useful.
What are Criminal Charges?
At its simplest, an individual faces criminal charges when they have committed a crime; a crime is any act committed or omitted that violates a public law. The laws of each state will define these forbidden acts. Crimes will generally fall into one of the following categories:
- Felony: Felonies are the most severe level of crime, generally punishable by imprisonment for more than a year, in addition to any fines. Examples of crimes that are considered felonies include murder, arson, and sexual assault.
- Misdemeanor: Misdemeanors are lesser crimes, generally resulting in prison sentences of less than a year and lesser fines. Examples of misdemeanors include trespassing and vandalism.
- Infraction: Infractions are minor or petty crimes that normally do not result in jail time. Examples include moving violations such as speeding or running a red light.
While each of the above categories of crimes come with different potential punishments, each can have a significant impact on an individual's life.
How an Attorney Can Help
If you are facing criminal charges, you should contact a criminal defense attorney in Miami, as soon as possible. Regardless of whether you have committed some wrongdoing or if you are completely innocent, a licensed legal practitioner will be an invaluable resource throughout the criminal process.
A criminal lawyer in Miami can assist in all facets of the criminal process. They can help you:
- Ensure Your Rights are Protected. You may have heard the recitation of Miranda rights in movies or TV shows – including the right to an attorney. This is considered an essential right to those facing criminal charges, because a lawyer can ensure a charged individual receives all the rights they are due under the law.
- Understand the Legal Process. Criminal attorneys know the ins and outs of the legal process for criminal cases. They can assist you in any preliminary hearings, ensure your bail is set at a reasonable amount, and confirm that all legal procedures are being properly followed by the police and the prosecutor.
- Create Defense Strategy. Lawyers who work in criminal law have significant experience strategizing the most effective way to handle a case. This often includes striking deals with the prosecution and securing lesser sentences.
- Understand Case Precedent. One important tool in a successful criminal case is past case law. If there are past cases where a similarly-situated defendant overcame criminal charges, an attorney can use this to persuade a judge or jury that you should see the same result.
As you or your loved one determines the next steps for handling criminal charges, the best Miami attorney will be an invaluable asset. The criminal legal process can present unexpectedly complicated twists and turns, where a wrong step could result in serious limitations on your personal liberty.