We Find the Best Attorneys
Since 2009, our magazine has interviewed the best and brightest attorneys nationwide. Now, we bring you our recommended attorneys in Local Legal Authorities. Here is our listed best Tucson Wrongful Death attorney.
- Writer for Attorney at Law Magazine
- Knowledgeable & Reliable
- Accepting New Cases in Tucson
- Leading Consumer Reviews
About Shannon Clark
As co-leader of the Gallagher & Kennedy’s plaintiff’s wrongful death practice group, Shannon vigorously advocates for negligent and wrongful conduct victims throughout Tucson, Phoenix, and the greater valley. Shannon is immensely committed to his clients, and his effort expands beyond the intricacies of any given lawsuit to champion consumer safety issues for a more significant social impact.
Wrongful Death Specialties:
- Car accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Accidents at work
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accident
- Pedestrian accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Failure to Diagnose
- Member of a team representing victims of fuel-fed fires caused by rear-impact collisions in Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptors; helped cause Ford to spend $350,000,000 to improve the safety of police vehicles.
- $10,000,000 settlement for a pedestrian hit by a police vehicle.
- $9,999,000 settlement for wrongful death of a teenager killed by an unwanted acceleration of her vehicle.
Community & Philanthropy:
- Helped secure an important Arizona Supreme Court ruling that Arizona hospitals can be subject to liability for abuse and neglect of vulnerable adults.
- ICAN: Positive Programs for Youth, Fund Development Committee Member, 2018-Present; Board of Directors, 2020-Present
Honors & Awards:
- Best Lawyers in America, Phoenix Lawyer of the Year, Products Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2022
- Three G&K Shareholders Named Top 100 Lawyers in Arizona for 2022, January 10, 2022
What it's Like Working With the Best Wrongful Death Attorney in Tucson, AZ
Wrongful Death Attorney
Why Do You Need a Wrongful Death Attorney?
Losing a loved one can be one of the most challenging times of your life, even if their death was long-expected. However, if you lost a loved one in an incident involving another party's intentional actions or negligence, their death can be even more intense. You or another family member may be entitled to file a "wrongful death" claim on behalf of your deceased relative. Such a claim can arise from a death resulting from a car accident, medical malpractice, a defective product, or even homicide.
It's imperative to have an experienced wrongful death attorney in Tucson by your side during this process to stand up for your rights and maximize your claim's value. They can focus on the legal aspects of your claim while you take time to grieve your immense loss and care for your family.
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Claim?
A wrongful death claim is very similar to a personal injury claim. The main difference is that since the deceased individual isn't here to file a personal injury claim for themselves, so someone else can file a wrongful death claim for them to seek damages. Generally, the person who can file such a claim is the decedent's family member. Alternatively, it can also be a personal representative they selected before their death or one appointed by the court if no family member is available. Family members who can file a wrongful death claim typically include the decedent's:
- Legal guardian
- Children and adult children
If one person is no longer living or isn't available to file the suit, it goes to the next person. For example, if the deceased individual's spouse died in the same accident, it would then be an option for their parents or children to file a wrongful death lawsuit. Your wrongful death lawyer in Tucson can help you determine the most appropriate party to bring a claim on behalf of your deceased loved one.
Compensation Available for your Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death claim encompasses both damages incurred by the deceased person before their death and damages incurred by the next of kin after their death. Damages in the former category can include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages from the time of the accident until their death
- Mental and physical pain and suffering
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Property damage
Damages sought by the next of kin can include:
- Lost wages the deceased would have earned through retirement if it weren't for their untimely death
- Loss of consortium or deprivation of the deceased's love and companionship, or if the deceased was a parent to minor children, the loss of guidance from a parent
If you are searching for a seasoned Tucson wrongful death attorney to help during this difficult time of life, look no further than our magazine as a resource. We've taken the guesswork out of finding legal help and have done the research for you, allowing you to move forward with the right Tucson wrongful death lawyer for you.