What if I choose the unreliable lawsuit loan company for pre-settlement advances? This thought scares the hell out of us, doesn’t it? But don’t worry, we’ve got your back! This article outlines the basic factors to consider when evaluating the best pre-settlement loan companies. We also include a list of the best 5 lawsuit loan companies in America below:
- Uplift Legal Funding
- Peachtree Financial Solutions
- Prime Case Funding
- Mayfield Settlement Funding
- Law Cash
How to Choose the Best Lawsuit Funding Company
Always consult your attorney before finalizing anything about the lawsuit funding company or before entering into an agreement. They have to have an understanding of how each legal funding company works and can give a better picture of the best lawsuit loan company for your pre-settlement lawsuit loan.
By the end of this article, you will be in a better position to identify reputable lawsuit loan companies and save money on your lawsuit loan transaction.
Top Three factors
Let’s get started with the important factors to consider when choosing a pre-settlement funding company.
- Interest Rate. A good lawsuit loan company should be willing to give you information about their interest rates and a quote on your requested funding amount upfront, before collecting information about your case. Be wary of companies that will not commit to a specific rate or offer a wide range (e.g. 1% to 3% monthly). It’s important to look for companies that exclusively charge simple, non-compounding rates.
- Transparency. Reputable pre-settlement funding companies not only provide clear information about interest rates up front, but they also have straightforward contracts with a “payoff table” on the front page. A payoff table shows exactly what you will pay back depending on how long your personal injury case takes to settle. A clear payoff table will also allow you to easily compare against quotes from different companies.
- Funds Transfer Duration. Most plaintiffs require immediate funds to fulfill their financial needs. The entire funding process from start to finish should not take longer than a few days. Once your attorney provides information to a company, you should not have to wait longer than one business day for a decision. Always be sure to ask about how long a process will take with each company.
Top 5 Lawsuit Loan Companies
Uplift Legal Funding
Uplift Legal Funding is a pre-settlement lawsuit loan company based in Los Angeles, California. What sets Uplift Legal Funding apart from other lawsuit loan companies is their interest rates – Uplift charges no upfront fees and some of the lowest rates on pre-settlement funding and settlement funding.
Throughout their website, Uplift Legal Funding encourages plaintiffs to compare rates to get the best deal possible.
They focus primarily on personal injury claims including, but not limited to car accidents, premises liability, and work injuries.
Uplift Legal Funding is Attorney at Law Magazine’s TOP pick for the following reasons:
- Uplift is transparent about rates and terms and they exclusively charge simple rates instead of compounding rates.
- They offer instant quotes to applicants and prominently display rate information on their website.
- They have overwhelmingly positive customer reviews on Google, Yelp, and BBB.
- They claim to offer funds in 24 hours or less with cooperation from your attorney.
- All funding repayment is contingent upon the success of your case – if you don’t win your case, you pay nothing back.
- Cash advance: $500 – $250k+. The maximum advance amount depends on the value of your claim.
- Time duration: Uplift Legal Funding can complete the entire funding process – from application to money in your account – in as little as 24 hours.
- Types of claim covered: Personal injury, car accidents, other roadway accidents, premises liability, labor law, medical malpractice, wrongful death
- Key qualities: Fast and affordable funding. Simple, non-compounding rates. Uplift can refinance prior lawsuit loans at lower rates.
Call Uplift Legal Funding today at (866) 435-0357.
Or visit their website to get your funds in 24 hours or less!
Peachtree Financial Solutions
The second company on the list is Peachtree Financial Solutions. It is a Pennsylvania-based company that is owned by JG Wentworth. In addition to pre-settlement funding, they also focus on structured settlements, annuities, and lottery wins.
They also offer non-recourse funding to the plaintiffs. Besides that, they assign one representative to one client in order to provide satisfactory customer care. Peachtree Financial Solutions connects plaintiffs with other companies that may be able to assist you with your case. According to their website, they do not directly fund legal claims.
- Cash advance: They can provide you with as little as $300 to as much as $750,000
- Time duration: You can receive an advance within 48 hours after the approval of your application
- Types of claim covered: Personal injury, premises liability, product liability, medical malpractice, and wrongful death.
- Key qualities: Structured settlements, more than one advance, and trained staff.
Prime Case Funding
Prime Case Funding is a New York-based pre-settlement advance company. It is one of the few companies known for low rates with no monthly payments.
Like many other companies, Prime Case Funding offers post-settlement lawsuit loans in addition to pre-settlement funding Prime Case sets their interest rate on a case-by-case basis and uses both compound interest and simple interest rates. They provide funding to plaintiffs within 24 hours of case approval.
- Cash advance: Prime Case Funding can offer you an advance that varies from $500 to $1,000,000.
- Time duration: You can get cash within 24 hours once your application gets approved by the company.
- Types of claim covered: Personal injury, surgery funding, medical malpractice and civil cases
- Key qualities: Simple application process and post-settlement funding.
Mayfield Settlement Funding
Mayfield Settlement Funding provides pre-settlement funding and post-settlement funding in all states. They can provide funding on the same day your application is approved by underwriting. Their lawsuit loan processes are streamlined and they provide both speedy and helpful customer service.
Mayfield is a direct lender without the involvement of a third party. They do not charge any application fee or monthly payments. There is no substantial information about their interest rates on their website.
- Cash advance: Minimum $500 to maximum $250,000
- Time duration: Within 24 hours of application approval
- Types of claim covered: Workers’ compensation, auto accidents, premises negligence, general negligence, workplace negligence, pedestrian injury, personal injury.
- Key qualities: Good for workers’ compensation funding and fast turnaround
Law Cash is the founding member of the American Legal Finance Association (ALFA). They provide pre-settlement funding and litigation financing as a rolling contract. This enables a plaintiff to receive the payout in smaller sums over a more extended period of time.
Law Cash prides itself on its transparency and ethics. They offer advances on a non-recourse basis – if a plaintiff does not win their legal case, they don’t need to repay the company’s advance.
- Cash advance: They start with a minimum funding of $500 and the maximum amount of funding depends on the strength of your case.
- Time duration: You can receive payment on the same day your application gets approved.
- Types of claim covered: Class action lawsuit, labor lawsuit, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation claims, and personal injury.
- Key qualities: Litigation funding and 24/7 helpline.
How do Lawsuit Funding Companies Evaluate the Loan?
When you file a lawsuit for your personal injury, you may also end up applying for a lawsuit loan. The funding company evaluates your case in what they think is the expected amount of the future settlement. Then determine the amount they will lend you, which is mostly 10% of the value of the case. Normally, no payment of any amount is needed before your settlement arrives. The lawsuit funding company deducts the amount when the judgment of your settlement is passed.
Are Lawsuit Loans Quick?
Lawsuit funding companies provide you with advance money very quickly. They collect important information about your case and contact your lawyer to speak about the details before you qualify. If your case has a favorable outcome, lawsuit loan companies will lend you money immediately. Normally, after contracts have been dually signed, money is lent to you within 24-48 hours. In a personal injury case, money is needed urgently due to mortgage payment, medical bills, etc. Lawsuit loans are the quickest way to get money when you really need it.
We hope this article gives you more information about different pre-settlement funding companies that can meet your financial needs before your lawsuit settles. Always remember to do thorough research and shop for the best deal possible before signing with any particular lawsuit lending company.