Skip to main content
Tampa Hurricane Damage Lawyer

Tampa Hurricane Damage Attorney

Marc Wites is a top Hurricane Damage attorney serving Tampa, FL.

Insurance Company paid homeowner $40,000.00 and agreed to cease attempts to take title to the manufactured home (which was 100% of the damages and coverage A Policy Limits) and the insurance company paid our attorney’s fees.
Insurance Company paid homeowner $76,500.00 (which was 100% of their damages and included money for a new roof) and the insurance company paid our attorney’s fees.
Insurance Company paid homeowner $34,000.00 (which included money for a new roof and solar panel) and the insurance company paid our attorney’s fees.
Insurance company paid homeowner $53,000.00 (which was 100% of her damages, including personal property) and the homeowner paid us only $5,300.00 in attorney’s fees.
LLA Badge

Marc Wites is our recommended Tampa Hurricane Damage attorney. 239-758-7577

Disclosure: We may receive compensation from this attorney.

About Marc Wites

Marc A. Wites is a founding shareholder of The Wites & Rogers with over 28 years of trial experience and has achieved great results for his clients. Marc has a natural talent for litigation and a passion for representing policyholders in their disputes against major insurance corporations.


  • The University of Florida College Law
  • Bachelor of Business Administration from The University of Michigan.

Attorney and Author

Marc Wites is an author for our magazine specializing in hurricane damage articles.

What it's Like Working With Our Recommended Hurricane Damage attorney serving Tampa, FL

Contact Tampa
Hurricane Damage Attorney

Marc Wites


Visit Website

4400 N Federal Hwy, Lighthouse Point, FL 33064

Aren’t hurricane damage lawyers expensive?

Many people are hesitant to work with lawyers as they are unsure of the associated fees and lack understanding of how the hurricane damage claim filing process works. There is little to no risk to you, and the faster you submit your insurance claim, the easier it will be to prove the damages to your property resulting from the hurricane. Hiring a Tampa hurricane damage lawyer will help you navigate these winds and waters correctly and approach your insurance agency properly. 

Does my homeowner's insurance cover hurricane damage in Florida?

Homeowner's insurance usually covers hurricane damage caused by high winds, hail, and rain. Unfortunately, most homeowners insurance does not cover flooding. Usually, there is extra coverage you would need to purchase if the damage caused by the hurricane is flood-related. We recommend reaching out to your Tampa insurance agency at the first sign there might be a hurricane coming for your property. 

We are currently processing Hurricane Ian & Idalia claims that have flood damage, wind damage, property damage, and all the types of damages listed below. 

Am I entitled to more compensation than the insurance company initially offers?

In most cases, yes. Florida insurance companies always start with lowball offers to see if you will give in and settle. Do not take the first settlement an insurance company provides you. If you are taking on this endeavor without an Tampa attorney, we strongly recommend reaching out to our firm. 

What types of Florida hurricane claims do you handle?

Hurricane Ian Claims

Hurricane Ian was absolutely devastating, and the damage Ian caused in South Florida is just indescribable with words. Our Hurricane Ian attorneys can help you every step of the process to ensure your Hurricane Ian lawsuit is filed, and the proper compensation is received for your damages. Having the best Tampa Hurricane Ian lawyer on your side will ease the headaches these insurance companies will cause.

Hurricane Idalia Claims

Hurricane Idalia was historical and caused significant property damage and flooding from Florida's Gulf Coast to the Georgia border. Our Hurricane Idalia attorneys can help you if your Florida insurance company is not adequately handling your hurricane damage claim. Hiring the best Tampa Hurricane Idalia lawyer will help you get the entire compensation you deserve for your damaged property. 

What qualifications do I need to file a hurricane lawsuit?

  • You MUST have homeowners insurance
  • You MUST not have retained an attorney before us for the claim
  • You MUST have sustained legitimate damage to your property

* If you meet these qualifications, please reach out today for a free hurricane claim evaluation.

What types of property damages are accepted for hurricane claims in Tampa?

  • Wind Damage
  • Flood Damage
  • Roof Damage
  • Shingle Damage 
  • Siding Damage 
  • Other Major Property Damage

What types of property can I make a hurricane claim for in Tampa?

  • House
  • Guest House
  • Business Property
  • Commercial Property
  • Mobile Home
  • Condo
  • Detached Shed
  • Detached Garage
  • Farm
  • Barn

Get Legal Advice from
Marc Wites


Message Marc Wites

Prefer calling? 239-758-7577