Auto accidents are an all-too-frequent occurrence here in the greater Macon, GA area. Fortunately, there are car accident attorneys that you can rely on. We want to help you get your life back to normal and receive justice for any injuries that you may have sustained. Your health is your most important asset and it needs to be protected! As we all know, ongoing medical care can be stressful and expensive. There’s no need to try to handle your legal case during your recuperation. When you work with us, you can focus on getting better and let us handle the rest.
Your Health Comes First
If you have been involved in a car accident, you’ll want to contact the Macon car accident attorneys that will fight for you. Our team is experienced in car accident cases and we know how to get the results that our clients deserve. There’s no reason to suffer in silence if you have been injured in an accident. Make sure that you receive the medical attention you need and let us take care of the legal side of the situation. We are here to fight for you!
- Get to safety – if you have been involved in an accident, the first thing to do is get to safety. If your car has been rendered unmovable in a dangerous spot, leave the vehicle and find a safe spot. If you have flares or other emergency equipment, utilize those items to increase your level of safety as you wait for help. Don’t try to walk through traffic or put yourself in a situation that can cause further injury. Find a safe place away from traffic and stay there.
- Call the police to file a report – even if you feel that you are uninjured or that your vehicle sustained minor damage, you will need to have a police report in order to document the event. If the other party in the accident becomes unruly or aggressive, remove yourself to a safe spot until the police arrive. Do not try to reason with someone who is threatening you.
- Seek medical attention – many of the injuries that are common in auto accidents are not readily apparent. This is especially true of soft tissue injuries such as whiplash or other injuries to the neck and shoulder area. Even if you think you feel fine, it’s important to receive a thorough medical exam following any accident. You don’t want to make any injury worse by delaying medical attention.
- Give your auto insurance agent a call – you will need to file an insurance claim right away. Your agent can help you organize the paperwork and documentation that you will need. They can also direct you to a repair shop that is approved by your insurance company. This will help your claim process go more smoothly. Be sure to find out if you have rental car coverage and which companies are a part of your insurance network. An accident is stressful enough without having to pay out-of-pocket expenses that can be avoided. Be sure to pay close attention to how your claim should be filed.
- Find out if you have a case – once you have addressed your medical concerns and familiarized yourself with the claims process, you will want to seek legal advice. Not every auto accident warrants a lawsuit, but in cases where you have a case, it’s important to seek representation in a timely manner. Evidence-gathering is most effective when it happens as soon as possible after an accident. Physical evidence that is important to your case can be moved off of the roadway before you have the chance to properly investigate. Working with an experienced legal team can help you avoid this and other similar pitfalls. You want to give yourself every opportunity to build a solid case.
It’s Important to Seek Legal Advice in a Timely Manner
These are some of the steps to take if you have been involved in a car accident in the Macon, GA area. Once you have addressed any medical issues that you have sustained from an auto accident, it’s time to seek legal advice.
Building a case after a car accident can be time-consuming and laborious. When you hire a proactive legal team on your side, it can make the difference between receiving justice and suffering without appropriate compensation. No one wants to be involved in an accident, especially one that causes injuries. However, it is important to protect your future if this should happen to you.
Contact us right away and let us help! Our team will review your situation to determine if it is appropriate for legal action. If we find that you do have a case, we will get to work right away to help you get the justice you deserve. We want to build the strongest case possible, so don’t delay getting in touch.
Recovering from an auto accident can be a long and difficult process, and it’s helpful to have someone fighting for you. You can focus on your recovery and let us take care of your case, knowing that you are in good hands. Our experience allows us to navigate the legal system successfully, achieving fair and appropriate results for our clients.
Our team is here to help you recover from a financially debilitating car accident. Don’t wait, give our office a call today and learn how the team here at the Mann Law Firm can fight for you.