Pennsylvania’s Complicated Accident Laws
Most states across the United States offer drivers on their roadways the same laws, although some may differ a bit. Unless you know the laws of your state, it is best to call an accident/injury attorney as soon as you can after your car accident in Williamsport, Pa. It makes no difference if you were the driver injured or a passenger in the car; you need to hire a seasoned accident/injury lawyer. Pennsylvania laws can be somewhat confusing and hybrid. These laws can affect your settlement. We work tirelessly to file all claims before the statute of limitations runs out.
First Things First
One thing is sure, after any car accident in any state, you need to call 9-1-1 and seek medical attention for you and others involved in a car crash as soon as possible. When you are stable, give us a call, and we will come to you if you cannot come to us to review your possible compensation case.
As you give your statement to the law enforcement official, please never admit fault or say you are sorry for this accident, even if it was your fault. If you are not at fault and the other driver caused the accident, words of this sort make you sound guilty, and it could hurt your case for compensation from the insurance company.
As soon as possible after your accident, you need to take some pictures or ask a trusted person or witness to take photos for you. It would help if you documented everything that happened as you remember it. If you do not write the incidents down, you may become confused or forget the essential points of the accident.
If another driver caused this accident and you were hurt, you need the expertise of a seasoned accident/injury attorney to sort through the specifics of your case. It is through the efforts of a seasoned accident/injury attorney who can bring about fair and just compensation for you to help pay for your mounting medical bills, pain, suffering, and a host of other costs.
What Causes Car Crashes in PA?
Car crashes on Pennsylvania roads are high risk, and the cost of these incidents is unbelievably high. You can quickly become a victim of one of Pennsylvania’s roadways due to other drivers who were negligent,
- Running red lights, stop signs.
- Illegal turns or lane changes
- Intoxication of alcohol or drugs
- Making phone calls, texting, or other distractions while driving
The list of possible injuries or a combination of injuries received in a car accident is unlimited. Additionally, you have property damage that needs compensation. We weigh your injuries and if they are temporary or permanent or catastrophic and undoubtedly life-changing. You need help with your fast-mounting debt to help you recover your losses.
Injuries can include things like,
- Head injuries and closed head injuries
- Neck, back, and spinal cord injuries
- Soft tissue damage
- Fractures anywhere in the body
- Injury to vital organs
- Emotional and mental injuries
After you hire us to represent your case, we take the following steps.
- We will investigate your accident by gathering all possible information, and we will use your photos of the accident, your documentation, and the police report as soon as possible because evidence has a way of being displaced by others.
- We interview any witnesses
- We tell you to direct any insurance calls and calls from the other driver’s attorney to us. It would be best not to answer any of their questions unless we are by your side. Your insurance agent may want you to believe that you are their friend when, in fact, they are not a friend. Insurance companies are notorious for not wanting to make payments to clients. If they do make a payment, it will not cover all expenses. Let us deal with the insurance companies. We know what tactics they are most likely to use. Insurance companies work for one reason only; their profits. We assure you of the best possible offer.
- Never take any settlement offered by other attorneys or insurance companies because, most likely, these offers will not take care of all your costs. Allow us to calculate how much you need to receive in a settlement.
- We calculate past, present, and future compensation needs.
- If we cannot settle out of court, our staff of seasoned professionals will take your case to court.
- We will explain to you how Pennsylvania laws work and how these laws can affect your right to compensation.
- We present to you the two-year statute of limitations in Pa and damage caps in this state.
A Call to Action to Hire a Seasoned Accident/Injury Attorney in PA
Our experienced car accident attorneys inform you of bad faith claims, filing claims, showing, the burden of proof, damages, and more. Most of the citizens in the state of PA do not know the in-depth aspects of the laws in this state. Never try to represent yourself in a court of law or try to settle out of court without a skilled and seasoned attorney by your side. You will be unfairly treated and compensated for your injuries.
If you did not call the police for your accident, there would, of course, be no police report. You have five days from the date of your accident to submit a Driver’s Accident Report.
We can protect your rights and get you the maximum compensation you deserve due to someone else’s negligence. Never settle for less than the best with our attorneys at your side for a negligent accident/injury/death claim.
Our seasoned, experienced and skilled attorney can bring a negligent person to justice. We have an endless list of successful and substantial recoveries for our clients. We handle well over 15 different accident/injury/ death claims every year.