Too Many Negligent Deaths in the United States
Over 170,000 people die every year in the United States due to the negligence of another person or persons. Accident/death cases are unnecessary and heartbreaking for the ones left to suffer this significant loss.
Did another person cause your loved one’s death? It throws family and close friends into a dire state of unbelief, depression, and despair, adding significant financial grief to the survivors.
Wrongful death is unnecessary and is seen every day in many different ways. This list is endless and can be left to your imagination. Wrongful death can happen due to,
- Car accidents
- The Workplace
- The military
- The public sector
- The private sector
- At construction sites affecting employees and bystanders
- In all realms of the medical arena
- At schools
- At universities
- During all sorts of games
- In retail stores
- Due to a vehicle malfunction
- Due to a defective product
- When on public transportation, such as but not limited to a car, bus, train, airplane, off-road vehicle, any type of boat, and more.
- Random carjackings, knife and gun wounds
Each location mentioned above can see the untimely death of a person or persons, given the right circumstances and the element of negligence.
Wrongful Death During Activities
Incidents of wrongful death can quickly happen during activities. There is always an element of negligence in the following.
- Amusement park rides
- Riding stables
- Sporting events
- Rock climbing
- Fishing and much more
The unfortunate thing is that a wrongful death could have been prevented were it not for the careless actions of another person (s) or company.
In rare instances, the deceased may be found partly at fault, but it takes the expertise of our seasoned negligent accident, injury, and death attorney to sort out the facts to determine who was indeed at fault for the death of your loved one.
Careless actions amount to negligence on behalf of the careless entity that causes a sure accident, creating injuries or death to another person or persons.
Were it not for someone else’s careless actions, your loved one might still be alive, enjoying life to its fullest. A wrongful death happens in unlimited ways, times, and circumstances. The one thing that lays the foundation for wrongful death is negligence.
- The unfortunate thing is, you may know, without a doubt, that there was negligence at play.
- You may know who was negligent.
However, you must contact our attorney because the burden of proof lies on the survivors of the deceased person or persons and our attorney. We must prove that the person, persons, or company was negligent beyond a reasonable doubt.
What Do Survivors of a Wrongful Death Experience?
A negligent death creates many issues that the survivors must cope with, such as the loss of companionship, the loss of income, and unexpected mounting debt.
The one thing that can help close the door to injustice in a wrongful death is a lawsuit against the negligent party. We are compassionate in our efforts to work with survivors who lost a loved one.
We know that no amount of money can bring your loved one back. However, with a wrongful death comes uninvited, unplanned, and significant expenses. Financial compensation can help you significantly in the coming days ahead and help you move forward.
Each wrongful death case is uniquely different. Only a seasoned negligent death attorney can sort through these complex cases. A seasoned attorney calculates what settlement is fair to the survivors. Survivors need to have their legal rights protected as much as they need compensation for this loss.
In Atlanta, Georgia, What Can Be Considered A Wrongful Death?
The laws in the state of Georgia define what a wrongful death entails and are as follows.
“Wrongful death is the taking of an individual’s life resulting from the willful or negligent act of another person or persons.”
Wrongful death cases cover unintentional and intentional actions by another entity. Unintentional actions are seen primarily in car accidents.
Wrongful death suits are civil actions filed by survivors of the deceased. Sometimes there are criminal charges filed against the person who caused the death of your loved one. The law may prosecute the person.
Why Should Survivors File for Compensation for a Wrongful Death?
Since each wrongful death case is unique and different, the settlement amount is never the same, and we cannot predict your specific settlement. Your settlement could be hundreds, thousands, or millions of dollars.
Georgia law states that the survivors are entitled to both economic and non-economic costs. The list of these costs is also endless, but could include,
- The loss of income from the deceased.
- The mounting medical expenses of the deceased related to this accident caused their death.
- End-of-life expenses such as funeral and burial costs.
- Did the deceased have pain and suffering before their death?
- The loss of companionship and more
Our attorney needs to review the facts and investigate your case in-depth to know what you are entitled to receive.
Our Atlanta, Georgia attorneys want to help you with this process, and we collect no fee until we win your case. The first consultation call to us is free with no obligation. You will need a seasoned negligent accident, injury, and death attorney by your side to win a successful settlement for you.
Never fight this battle without us because as soon as you file a claim against the negligent entity, everyone calls on their skilled lawyers to fight against you.
This could be negligent individuals, big companies, or a group of people. Everyone involved in your case has a team of attorneys. Insurance companies are heavily involved and have their own group of skilled lawyers to fight against your efforts to ensure you do not win your settlement case. We fight insurance companies daily and know all the tricks that insurance companies try in an effort not to pay our clients or pay them as little as possible.
These attorneys from every sector involved with the death of your loved one will try to prove that it was your loved one who was the negligent one and not their client. We fight these tactics daily and have a fantastic track record of winning sizeable settlements for our clients.
We work with grief-struck clients daily. They come to us in a state of shock and disbelief. They are overwhelmed by the crisis of losing a loved one due to the actions of another.
These people have an unbearable loss, burden, and uncertainty about the future. Spouses who lose one another due to negligence suddenly realize that all their hopes and dreams for the future are instantly gone. Our question to you is,
Why should you have to pay this tremendous financial burden due to someone’s negligent actions and mistakes? Never feel guilty or that you may be doing wrong by filing a lawsuit against a careless person. Someone must pay for this mistake, not you or your family.
Steps We Take in Our Fight for Your Victims’ Rights
You need a seasoned attorney with expertise in negligent deaths because these cases are complex, complicated, and time-consuming. And everyone associated with your case has a team of astute attorneys fighting against you every step.
Insurance companies, companies, and private individuals do not want to pay money to you. The following are the steps we take as soon as you hire us to fight for your settlement that helps to close the door on this injustice.
First, we want you and your family to understand that we know no amount of money can bring your loved one home.
However, if you do not file a settlement, the guilty person gets to walk away Scott-free. If we do not file a lawsuit against a negligent person, they may cause another injury or death to someone else.
We aim to stop these people and make them accountable for their wrong, negligent actions.
- We will meet with you as soon as you are ready. We advise you to call for a meeting as quickly as possible due to the statute of limitations in Georgia.
This meeting is necessary, so we can get to know each other. We need to hear your story and the specifics of your case. We do not know if you have a winning case until we hear and investigate the facts. We understand your grief, and we grieve with you and your family. We work with grieving clients daily, and our hearts always go out to the survivors of wrongful death cases.
- We initiate an in-depth investigation into the death surrounding your loved one. We start an interview process with everyone involved in this death. We set up meetings with witnesses, medical professionals, police, and more. We get the facts.
- We study and scrutinize all written documentation and reports from every source.
- We handle insurance companies. As soon as you file your settlement claim, you may start receiving calls from insurance adjusters and attorneys. We cannot stress enough to direct their calls to our office, and we will do all the communication.
If these companies know that the person being sued is guilty of a bad mistake, they may try to offer you a settlement out of court. These settlements sound lovely and fair. Our experience is that these offered settlements are just a drop of what you are entitled to receive.
Once you accept a settlement offer and find that there was not enough money to pay for all your expenses, you cannot file another claim because your case is closed.
Offered settlements need to be redirected to our office, and our attorney determines if the settlement is appropriate. We will manage all future calls from attorneys and insurance companies.
We always try to settle out-of-court. If this is not possible, we are always skillfully prepared to go to court to fight for your rights to an appropriate settlement.
- We handle all the calls.
- We prepare and file all necessary paperwork.
- We adhere to the statute of limitations for Georgia related to wrongful death cases.
- We conduct all the investigations.
- We meet with everyone involved in this death.
- We run interference between all persons associated with your case and you so that you do not have to deal with additional stress.
- We aggressively handle the litigation process before the judge. We try to get our presented settlement out of court because we know that no one wants to go to court, especially the defendant and their team.
Our Atlanta Attorneys are an Essential Element to Your Wrongful Death Case
We need to hear from you if you are the surviving spouse, children of the deceased, parents of the deceased, or siblings of the deceased.
Georgia law states that only certain people can bring a class action lawsuit against a negligent person. Our wrongful death lawyers help to decide if you have legal standing to file a lawsuit for wrongful death.
Our esteemed, seasoned, licensed attorneys know how to fight for victims’ rights and win the settlement you deserve.
- We understand your hurt, are compassionate and are devoted to helping victims recover from losses.
- We understand we cannot bring back your loved one, and we know that money is not everything in life.
However, in a significant way, money does help to take the sting out of wrongful death. This extra money helps you cope and pay creditors of the deceased what they seek.
- Our resources are plentiful to help you win your settlement case.
- Being seasoned attorneys means we have in-depth knowledge of Georgia’s negligent death laws. We are committed to our grieving clients and want them all they deserve because they were wronged by the actions of a careless and inconsiderate person.
- We come prepared to the negotiation table or court to get you the justice you deserve through a fair settlement.
- We will work tirelessly on a comprehensive approach to win your case.
- We know and understand you face never-ending grief, unbearable frustrations, and anger towards those who took your loved one needlessly.
- We have worked tirelessly for the residents of Atlanta and surrounding areas for many years. We have earned the trust of the communities we serve.
- We have brought justice to many people and companies who caused negligent deaths through their careless actions.
We believe when justice is served on the guilty, this helps in a small way to bring some peace to you and your family. The guilty think twice in the future before acting negligently again.
When a careless action causes the death of a person, persons, or company, call us immediately so we can hear the facts you have to offer. We will let you know if you have a case.
Under Georgia law, wrongful death claims are the full value of the deceased’s life.
We cannot help you until you call us. We do not charge you for your first consultation call, and there is no obligation. We are devoted to helping victims in Atlanta and surrounding areas who were hurt or killed by someone who acted negligently.