First Things First When You are Involved in Personal Injuries
Personal injuries can happen anywhere and anytime when you least expect them to happen. Were it not for someone being negligent, you would not have received personal injuries. This equation always comes into play:
- Negligence equals an accident
- Accidents equal personal injuries or death
There are steps you must take when you are injured by a negligent person. When an accident occurs, it is understandable that your thinking may not be the clearest.
Our law office recommends that you keep this list and our phone number in your glove compartment if you are involved in a negligent accident. If you cannot gather the necessary information, ask a trusted friend, relative, or even a witness to get some information.
You can give us a call at the time of your accident. No worries about our fee, as we work on a contingency fee basis. We never place our attorney’s fee on your shoulders with everything else you are coping with. Therefore, you will owe us nothing.
We charge you nothing to represent you until we win your settlement. Our fee comes from a percentage of your final settlement amount, which is already calculated into the total compensation. So, go ahead and call us for help; we have you covered.
Sometimes we can come to the accident scene and start our investigation. Then, we can gather all the necessary information, pictures, and videos.
- Call 911 immediately and request medical assistance.
- Give your report to the police of what you think happened. We caution you not to make comments that could harm your settlement case, such as,
“I am so sorry about this accident.”
“Maybe I caused this accident.”
Words and statements like this are documented by the police, and they could harm your compensation case even if you were not responsible for the accident.
- Never leave the scene of an accident.
- Check yourself for injuries and if you can help others until medical aid arrives. If you think you are okay and have no injuries, please allow a doctor to examine you. Never refuse medical help.
- Please gather all vital information and take photos or videos of the accident scene if possible.
- Get driver’s license numbers and the names of those involved in the accident.
- Call your insurance company and report your accident.
- Refer all calls by other attorneys, insurance companies, and negligent drivers to us. We do not want you to worry or deal with these nagging calls. We take this burden off your shoulders.
- If any insurance company calls you and offers you a settlement for compensation, please refer them to our office.
We will negotiate with insurance companies and other attorneys. However, these settlements are often insufficient to cover your unexpected expenses.
Many of our clients think their insurance agent is still their friend and will treat them fairly. However, your insurance agent does not work for you as you once believed. Your agent’s focus is their company, and these companies are less fair than you would think.
Insurance companies do not like to pay out money for accidents, so they attempt to pay as little as possible. Therefore, we ask that you allow us to handle the insurance companies.
- We caution you not to talk about your case and never post any information or remarks about your accident on social media platforms. Wrongful words can hurt your case.
Unfortunately, the victim must always prove negligence or fault, or the burden of proof of negligence falls on your shoulders. Negligence is comprised of four parts. First, you must verify that the other person breached their duty to keep you safe and that they failed. You must prove the following.
- Duty Exists: meaning the negligent person failed in their responsibility to keep others safe.
- Breach of Duty Occurred: the negligent person did not uphold their commitment to keeping you safe.
- Causation was present, meaning that your injuries were due to the result of your accident.
- Damages cover many issues, from all medical bills to loss of property and everything in between.
You may have a settlement case if you and your attorney prove the above issues related to negligent actions. This is why you need to hire seasoned attorneys when you are injured by a negligent person (s).
Compensation cases are complicated and complex, and you must know the laws of Washington.
Negligence Factor for Accidents and Where Accidents Happen
It would be wonderful if people could continuously pay attention to what they are doing, but unfortunately, everyone becomes distracted occasionally at the worst possible times.
While you are driving a vehicle, you can become easily distracted. The following are a few of these ways.
- Rowdy children in the vehicle
- Talking on the phone
- Texting while driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Watching car television or videos
- Eating while driving
- Driving under the influence
- Mechanical issues with your vehicle
- Not going fast enough or obstructing traffic
- Pets in the vehicle
These accidents cause various personal injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries, permanent disabilities, long or short-term recovery, and much more, including significant financial woes.
Not paying attention is the same as being negligent and causing an accident in several different areas.
- On Roadways in motor vehicles
- Truck Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- In the Workplace
- On Public Transportation
- In a Medical Setting
- In the Military
- On Private Properties
- On school properties
- In Public Settings
- A faulty product
- Dog bites
- Government negligence
Can a Personal Injury Affect Your Life?
There are as many personal injury circumstances as types and levels of injuries. These injuries can be minor or life-changing. In addition, a personal injury can financially ruin your life. For this reason, you need fair compensation to pay for all the added and unexpected expenses.
Never allow a negligent person (s) to walk away from an accident they caused. This person and their insurance company need to pay you a fair settlement. We can do all the calculations to arrive at a fair settlement and pay for all your losses. The following is what we will do for you.
- You will have mounting medical bills from a wide range of medical services, so we deal with many insurance companies and their payment to these creditors for reimbursements. You could continue to have medical bills far into the future.
- Personal injuries mean you lose short- or long-term wages depending on your injuries. As a result, you need your wages replaced. In addition, sometimes our injured clients lose their work benefits, which need replacing.
- We can collect compensation for pain and suffering, loss of companionship, quality of life, and more.
- Our goal is to investigate your case, fully identifying every possible means of recovery of your costs.
- You can claim emotional and mental stress caused by your negligent accident.
- We protect your rights and assure you that we will never overlook any details of your case.
- We intercede in all communications, so you can avoid dealing with other parties that try to keep from paying you what you deserve.
- We encourage you to rest and heal.
- We calculate your settlement past, present, and future. In addition, we must consider if you permanently lost your quality of life.
- Never feel bad about bringing a settlement claim against a negligent person who caused your accident and turned your life upside down.
Why should you pay for something that was not your fault? We have had no clients with excess money to cover all the costs of a negligent accident. It would be best if you had help; the funds must come from somewhere.
If this is the case, you need enough settlement to last you for the rest of your life. Then, we go to the negotiation table with our honest and fair calculations for you and the negligent party. We are prepared to go to court if we cannot negotiate a fair settlement.
Please allow us to handle all aspects of your case. It would help us greatly if you did not worry about anything and gave all your worries to us.
Negligent accidents bring many difficulties you never knew would affect you and your family. We have compassion for you as you go through this terrible ordeal, and we know what you must face if your accident significantly changes your life.
In addition to us wanting you to heal, our primary goal is to help you win your settlement so that your accident does not leave you in financial ruin.
You must understand that no two settlement cases are ever the same due to the many different circumstances. Therefore, we only know if you have a good case once we review your accident’s details.
At that time, we can move ahead. Unfortunately, some clients mistakenly believe they have a settlement case because they were injured in a negligent accident. However, injuries do not always mean you are entitled to a settlement.
Call Your Personal Injury Attorneys in Yakima, WA, and Surrounding Areas
Your personal injury attorneys in Yakima are leading the way among personal injury attorneys in the area. We embrace educating businesses on their employment policies.
- We help companies train their employees regarding employment law compliance.
- We do seminars for companies on employment issues. We have helped hundreds of people involved in personal injury claims, but we can only help you once you call us.
- Your first consultation is free, and you pay us nothing until we win your compensation case.
- We will listen to your concerns and need to understand your situation fully. Please let us know if anything is bothering you and how you feel about your circumstances. This is the only way we can give you the help you need to recover.
Therefore, you must contact us as soon as possible because time is vital in these cases. Our attorneys are at your service.
You can rest assured that the guilty person (s) or company has a team of negligent accident attorneys working for them. A seasoned negligence attorney guarantees the best outcome for your settlement claim.
While you could represent yourself in negotiations or a court of law, the outcome is never good for the victim, with no attorney protecting their rights. After we hear all the details, we can establish whether or not the other person was negligent in their actions that caused you significant harm.
We not only serve our clients who are victims of a negligent accident, but we also provide a host of services such as,
- Lawsuits brought against Washington State
- Lawsuits against other entities
- All personal injury claims
- Traumatic brain injury claims
- Trucking accidents
- Wrongful death claims
- Assistance in wrongful death claims, employment, business, and commercial disputes.